Emily Van Heukelom, DDS
Center for Oral Surgery & Dental Implants – Grand Rapids & Rockford MI
Meet Dr. Van Heukelom
Dr. Van Heukelom practices general oral and maxillofacial surgery, with interests in dentoalveolar/dental implant surgery, anesthesia, and hospital based-procedures. She is a graduate of the University of Iowa College of Dentistry which was followed with a hospital-based General Practice Residency at the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics. Dr. Van Heukelom completed her residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Boston University Medical Center and began her professional career in private practice in New Hampshire in 2009 before relocating with her husband to Grand Rapids in 2015. They have two children.
Dr. Van Heukelom is appointed Active Staff in the Department of Dentistry/Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at St. Mary’s Health Care; and Spectrum Health, Attending Surgeon, courtesy staff.
Professional Societies & Associations
- Diplomat, American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon (ABOMS)
- Diplomat, National Dental Board of Anesthesiology (NBDA)
- Member, American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (AAOMS)
- Member, American Dental Association (ADA) and Michigan Dental Association (MDA)
- Member, Michigan Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Dip, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology (ADSA)
- Former Co-chairwoman, New Hampshire Anesthesia & Sedation Evaluation Committee
- Former State Chair, New Hampshire OMS-Political Action Committee
- Former Member, New Hampshire Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
Dr Van Heukelom is active in education, giving lectures to diverse audiences including oral surgeons, dentist anesthesiologists, local dental societies, and resident physicians with Department of Internal Medicine with Michigan State University. She is also a former reviewer for the Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and worked on the Subcommittee for Anesthesia for the 2017 Parameters of Care :AAOMS Clinical Practice Guidelines for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.