Emily Van Heukelom, DDS
Meet Dr. Van Heukelom – Grand Rapids & Rockford MI
Dr. Van Heukelom practices general oral and maxillofacial surgery, with interests in dentoalveolar/dental implant surgery, anesthesia, and hospital based-procedures. She is a graduate of the University of Iowa College of Dentistry which was followed with a hospital-based General Practice Residency at the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics. Dr. Van Heukelom completed her residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Boston University Medical Center and began her professional career in private practice in New Hampshire in 2009 before relocating with her husband to Grand Rapids in 2015. They have two children.
Dr. Van Heukelom is appointed Active Staff in the Department of Dentistry/Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at St. Mary’s Health Care; and Spectrum Health, Attending Surgeon, courtesy staff.
Professional Societies & Associations
- Diplomat, American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon (ABOMS)
- Diplomat, National Dental Board of Anesthesiology (NBDA)
- Member, American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (AAOMS)
- Member, American Dental Association (ADA) and Michigan Dental Association (MDA)
- Member, Michigan Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Dip, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology (ADSA)
- Former Co-chairwoman, New Hampshire Anesthesia & Sedation Evaluation Committee
- Former State Chair, New Hampshire OMS-Political Action Committee
- Former Member, New Hampshire Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
Dr Van Heukelom is active in education, giving lectures to diverse audiences including oral surgeons, dentist anesthesiologists, local dental societies, and resident physicians with Department of Internal Medicine with Michigan State University. She is also a former reviewer for the Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and worked on the Subcommittee for Anesthesia for the 2017 Parameters of Care :AAOMS Clinical Practice Guidelines for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Center for Oral Surgery & Dental Implants
Patient Review By Valerie F
The staff was friendly. The office décor relaxing and calming. Dr.Van Heukelom was excellent. I wasn't even aware when my tooth was pulled it was done so easily.
- Valerie F
Patient Review By Jamie L
To say that I was terrified to have my two impacted lower wisdom teeth removed at the age of 34 is a gross understatement. My anxiety was through the roof and despite my fear, the staff and doctor made me feel so incredibly comfortable throughout the entire process. I cannot thank them enough for the professional, kind manner with which they treated me while doing their job so effortlessly! Before I knew it I was done and on my way home. Thank you all for making this a smooth, experience for someone who is always so plagued with anxiety! I highly recommend this office!
- Jamie L