Our Mission and Values
Center for Oral Surgery & Dental Implants – Grand Rapids & Rockford MI
The Center for Oral Surgery & Dental Implants has two offices to serve patients in Western Michigan. Both our Rockford, MI and our Grand Rapids, MI offices are fully equipped for ambulatory anesthesia and oral, maxillofacial and dental implant surgery. Diagnostic facilities include state-of-the-art x-ray equipment as well as digital imaging for facial procedures. Surgical facilities include modern anesthesia monitoring and recovery equipment. We are committed to providing our patients with high quality oral, maxillofacial and dental implant surgery that will assist you in improving your dental health and correcting or enhancing the natural beauty of your smile.
“Our Mission is to provide professional and compassionate care that is safe, valued and accessible.”
- Professionalism and ethics guide our actions.
- We have advanced training, expertise and certification in our field that is respected by the public and acknowledged by regulatory agencies.
- We give priority to the needs and interests of the public over and above our own day to day personal interests.
- Our behavior in and outside of the workplace will always reflect professionalism in dealing with others by respecting their dignity.
- Compassion is shared with all patients.
- We welcome special needs patients and will not discriminate against any group or individual based on differences.
- We consider the whole patient when providing care including the economic, emotional, family and spiritual dimensions of a person that may influence their healthcare.
- Safety is our primary concern.
- We use state of the art anesthesia, monitoring, sterilization and imaging techniques for safety.
- Our staff attends ongoing continuing education including CPR and emergency drills.
- We use financial and personal health data security safeguards for those we serve.
- The value of our enterprise has many facets.
- We use cost effective materials and methods of care, and provide patients with treatment options when indicated.
- We provide value to our referrals by being an educational resource.
- Our fees and insurance participation will allow us to provide safety, value and access for our patients while fairly compensating our employees.
- Excess earnings allow for investment in the practice, employee development as well as accommodating access to care.
- Access to care for our community is important.
- We participate in select State Medicaid as well as Federal Medicare programs.
- We participate in charity care programs to eliminate financial hardship as a barrier to care.
- We make time in our daily schedule to serve emergency patients.
- We look for opportunities to serve more patients thru practice growth and efficiencies.
- Our doctors provide essential hospital on-call emergency care as fully privileged medical staff members.
A standard of excellence in personalized dental care enables us to provide the quality oral maxillofacial and dental implant services that our patients deserve. We provide comprehensive treatment planning and use a high state-of-the-art dental procedures or surgical treatments assisting you and your general dentist in achieving your optimal dental health. Should a dental emergency occur, Dr. Richard W. Panek, Dr. Julie B. Billups, Dr. Emily Van Heukelom, Dr. Roseanna P. Noordhoek and Dr. Justin M. Pisano will make every effort to see and care for you as soon as possible.
Education & Prevention
As a practice, we are true believers that preventative care and education are the keys to optimal oral health. We also know that routine cleanings, flossing, sealants, and fluoride are all helpful in preventing dental disease, so we encourage regular care by your general dentist. A review of your medical history can help us stay informed of your overall health, new medications, and any illnesses that may impact your oral health care.
Infection control in our both our Grand Rapids and Rockford, Michigan oral, maxillofacial and dental implant surgical offices is also very important to us. To protect our patients and ourselves, we strictly maintain sterilization and cross contamination processes using standards recommended by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the MDA, and MIOSHA.
Training & Expertise
As your dental health professionals, we want you to be confident knowing that we are a team of highly trained and skilled clinicians. We pride ourselves in providing the care you need to keep your smile healthy. To give you the best possible service and results, we are committed to continual education and learning. We attend dental lectures, meetings, and dental conventions to stay informed of new techniques, the latest products, and the newest equipment that a modern oral surgery office can utilize to provide state-of-the-art dental care. Also, being members of various professional dental associations helps us to stay abreast of the changes and recommendations for our profession.
A Positive Experience
Building a foundation of trust by treating our patients as special individuals is vital to our success. We understand how uneasy some patients may feel about their dental visits and how we can make a difference in providing a relaxing and positive experience. Our entire team strives to provide you with excellent, personalized care, and service to make your visits to either our Grand Rapids or Rockford Michigan, Oral, Maxillofacial & Implantology offices as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
We thank you for allowing us to take care of your dental needs and look forward to serving you.